Now, students will be given a forwarding address (something like the @alumni.nd.edu that we have through the Alumni Association) so they can maintain their current accounts when they enter the school.
Notre Dame recently switched its student and alumni e-mail services to Google as a better way to manage the communications.
2 comments:
This may sound a bit trite, but grammar happens to be a pet peeve of mine (and I’m a Math Major ’75). Anyway, it appears these days that I see more and more misspelled words and grammatical mistakes in periodicals, newspapers, internet, TV, etc. With that in mind, I would like to bring to your attention the following sentence on the Admissions blog site: “Notre Dame recently switched it’s student and alumni email services to Google as a better way to manage communications.” The use of "it's", of course, is incorrect and should be "its." How, in this day and age, with the word processors that one must use, can this happen? I know some may think this is very picky, but I’d like to think that this sort of neglect of our spelling and grammar won’t appear on a ND site.
Thanks.
Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the mistake in the blog, but you are absolutely correct: a Notre Dame site, though not officially affiliated with the school, should uphold the standards and expectations of the University.
I appreciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me at morourk1@nd.edu or through this blog if you have any further comments, suggestions, or ideas.
Sincerely,
Matt
Post a Comment